#OneYearOut Interview with Emma Dimattio ’18

Emma DiMatteo
Emma DiMatteo ’18

This interview is one of a series of interviews conducted by the Center for Business and Economics Fellows with recent Business & Economics graduates about life after graduation.

This interview was conducted during the Fall 2018 semester by CBE Fellow,  Emma Black ’20 with recent graduate, Emma DiMattio ’18.

Emma B: Where are you currently employed? — How did you hear about this position?

Emma D: Shortly after graduation, I began working at UPMC in Talent Acquisition. I found out about this position through a network connection I made at the UPMC All Access Day I went to, with the Economics Department. In the Spring, I ran into this same woman at the WestPACS job fair. She and I later discussed my interests and she got me in contact with a recruiter in TA. I interviewed for the position and accepted the job before graduation.

Emma B: What do you do on a day to day basis?

Emma D: On a day to day basis, I review applications, source for and reach out to potential applicants, conduct phone screens, help prepare for events, and assist the recruiters on our team as needed.

Emma B: How did Allegheny help prepare you for your current job?

Emma D: Allegheny taught me that I am capable of so much more than I ever could have imagined, which has inevitably helped me in my current role. Because of this, I am always willing to take on more and challenge myself.

Emma B: What advice would you give to current Allegheny students?

My advice to current students would be to always present yourselves in a way that exemplifies your strengths because you never know who you will meet or who will see these actions, and what they could do to help you in the future.