CBE Experiences with Noah Tart ’22

CBE Fellow Noah TartThis summer, CBE Fellow and incoming Student Government President, Noah Tart ’22 is working on a research project with Dr. Kathryn Bender and Katie Nichols investigating industry compliance and food waste management. We asked Noah…

What are your duties?

Noah: We have scheduled in-person research collection in Columbus, OH, but have been compiling literature and drafts for an article that hopefully will be published.  In addition, we are preparing letters for politicians to raise the issue of food waste on the federal and state levels.

What are your recommendation for students considering summer research?

Noah: I would most definitely recommend summer research for anyone who is interested in professional ethical research practices and or those who are planning to enter graduate school.  On top of that, I have been studying for the GRE and preparing for graduate school applications. Furthermore, during the month of July, I am attending a Summer Data  Camp where I am learning skills in Stata, R, and Tableau! All in all, it certainly keeps me busy!

Noah is a Senior at Allegheny College from Delta, PA. As an economics major with a minor in global health studies and (pending) mathematics, he plans to attend graduate school to receive a Ph.D. in economics with a focus on development and policy economics. Noah joined the Fellows in 2019 and is interested in research on poverty traps and prosperity cycles.  In addition to being a Center for Business and Economics Fellow, Noah is the Allegheny College Student Government President and the Interfraternal Council Treasurer.