CBE Experiences with Megan Dennis ’23

Not all experiences are alike, especially during a global pandemic.  CBE Fellow Megan Dennis found a creative way to make the most of her summer while continuing to broaden her learning experience. Here’s what she had to say:

Megan: Since I did not secure a summer internship due to uncertainty following the pandemic, I embraced a growth-mindset for my summer 2021 activities. Determined to continue my education, I focused on three main areas: language proficiency, knowledge, and travel. This included conversations and practice books in Mandarin Chinese and Korean, visits to New York City’s most famous museums and Colorado’s iconic sites, and a reading list self-curated from the local library. My summer reading list includes: “What Color Is Your Parachute 2020,” “The Defining Decade: Why Your 20s Matter and How to Make the Most of Them Now,” and “The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth.”

For Megan’s full reading list, check out her LinkedIn profile:  https://www.linkedin.com/in/megankdennis/.

Megan is a Junior at Allegheny College from Corry, PA. As a double major in Business and International Relations and a minor in Mandarin, Megan aims to combine cultural understanding with innovative business practices to transform the international market. Specific markets of interest include: music, sports, and the environment. She is currently preparing to study abroad in Asia where she will gain experiences and knowledge to help with the research for her Senior Comp at Allegheny as well as her future career.