October 19th 2017
October 18th 2017
- On Gator Day eve (Monday, October 23), Sigma Xi will host a guest lecture by Dr. Herman Sintin titled “Bacterial Conversation: What Is it and How Can it be Stopped to Prevent Infections From Spreading?” The lecture is at 7:00 p.m. in Quigley 101 and you can contact Brad Hersh with questions.
- On Gator Day, the Center for Political Participation is hosting two (identical) workshops with Caitie Whelan titled “The Art of Risk Taking: Tools for Taking Risk, Handling Fear, and Living Meaningfully.” These workshops will be held from 9:30-10:45 and from 3:00-4:15 in the Collaboratory. This promises to be a wonderful opportunity for our students. Please contact Shannon McConnell in the CPP with questions.
- Most of the departmental and program open house events are scheduled from 1:30-2:45. Students are encouraged to wander from one open house to another so that they can learn more about the various majors and programs available at Allegheny. These events are not designed to require the student to stay put in one place for 75 minutes.
October 24th 2016
There are two new additions to the Gator Day program on Tuesday, October 25.
1. How to Get Involved with Undergraduate Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activities (URSCA) will be held from 9:30 to 10:45 a.m. in Carnegie 101.
2. Neuroscience and Psychology Clubs Information Session will be held from 3 to 4:15 p.m. in Carnegie 105.
More detailed information about these programs and all events on Gator Day can be found on the Gator Day Program Descriptions web page.
October 4th 2016
The Gator Day Planning Committee invites applications from students, faculty, staff, and administrators for the Fall 2016 Gator Day on Tuesday, October 25.
We welcome applications for programs and workshops that highlight educational opportunities at Allegheny, that prepare students for life after graduation, and that help to create a greater sense of campus community. If you have suggestions for a program or would like to present as part of the October 25 Gator Day, please complete this short form by 5:00 PM on Friday, October 14.
March 24th 2016
- Monday April 4, 2016: Public Lecture by artist Suzanne Lacy. Gender Identity and Social Practice: Conversations Through Art. 7:00 pm, Tilloston Room, Tippie Alumni Center
- Click HERE for more about Suzanne Lacy
- Tuesday April 5, 2016: Public Lecture by actor RJ Mitte. Overcoming Adversity: Turning Disadvantage into Advantage. 7:00 pm, Shafer Auditorium.
- Click HERE for more about RJ Mitte
October 20th 2015
The Fall 2015 Gator Day is right around the corner! In order to prepare for this Tuesday, take a look at the full list of program descriptions and start to plan your day!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Gator Days committee any time at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you at Tuesday’s programs!
March 10th 2015
February 12th 2015
The Gator Days committee is now accepting program proposals for the Spring 2015 Gator Day on Tuesday, March 31.
If you are interested in submitting a proposal, please complete this online form no later than 5:00pm on Friday, February 27.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
October 21st 2014
The Fall 2014 Gator Day is one week away, and we are excited to announce that program descriptions for each Gator Day session are now available!
As usual on Gator Day, there will be four 75-minute sessions, as well as a lunch session. Each session features great programming from a wide range of community partners!
Visit the schedule of events for an overview of the Fall 2014 Gator Day, and start reviewing the program descriptions to plan out your schedule!
Keep checking this site for further updates!
September 19th 2014
The Fall 2014 semester has begun, which means preparations are underway for this semester’s Gator Day!
Your Gator Day for this semester will be Tuesday, October 28. The schedule for this Gator Day will be similar to last year’s, with four 75-minute sessions including presentations and events on various subjects, as well as longer sessions throughout the day on special topics of interest.
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for a Gator Day program, please complete this web form by Wednesday, October 1.
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com!