Typically, each Fall semester the Field Geology class completes a 2-3 day geologic mapping project in central Pennsylvania. The basic structures and the diverse stratigraphy of the region make this an ideal setting for students to learn the foundations of geological mapping. Students learn to collect field data, record accurate and detailed field notes, and apply their geologic map interpretations for environmental land-use planning.
- Alden Hall
News & Updates
- Allegheny Receives Valuable Software Donation from Oilfield Technology Company
- National Expert on Water-Use Policy to Speak at Allegheny
- Allegheny to Host Public Lecture Series on Energy and Society
- Geology Professor Receives Grant to Help Students Explore Shale Formations
- Allegheny Senior Awarded Grant for Environmental Research