Allegheny College, an innovative national liberal arts college, invites applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Director of Admission.
The position supports various admission and recruitment programs in support of the College’s enrollment goals. They provide support and assistance to prospective students and their families, as well as college counselors, through the planning and execution of recruitment activities including on campus visits, interviews, information sessions, high school and community based organization visits and college fairs. The counselor is part of a collaborative team who focus on student success through a lens of equity and inclusion and has a passion for the liberal arts. The position is full-time exempt position and title will be commiserate with experience.
The Assistant/Associate Director will:
- Lead the recruitment efforts of students through proactive communication with students and families and college counselors via in-person meetings, phone, text and email.
- Recruit at high schools, college fairs, and community-based organizations in assigned territory. Conduct interviews with students in their home regions.
- Participate in all on campus recruitment events including interviewing students, conducting information sessions, and engaging with families.
- Read and evaluate admission applications making admission decision recommendations. Serve as a member of the admission committee.
- Work collaboratively with financial aid to educate students and families on the value of a liberal arts education and paying for college.
- In collaboration with Enrollment Management leadership develop and lead the execution of recruitment plans for specialized populations (international students, diversity recruitment initiatives, and/or transfer students).
- Associate Director position would have 2-4 direct reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Valid Passport required
- 2-5 years of experience for Assistant Director
- 7+ years of experience for Associate Director
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally
- Weekend and evening commitments
Preferred qualifications and experiences:
- Experience working with international students
- Experience with diversity recruitment planning
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual speaker preferred
- Previous experience with Slate CRM
Allegheny College, founded in 1815, is one of the nation’s oldest and most innovative four-year colleges where multidisciplinary learning breaks the conventional mold. It is one of the few colleges in the United States with a unique requirement to choose both a major and minor for graduation, to provide students with a cross-disciplinary path in the sciences and humanities for educational depth and intellectual growth. Located in Meadville, Pennsylvania, Allegheny College is one of 44 colleges featured in Loren Pope’s “Colleges That Change Lives.” In its 2022 rankings, U.S. News & World Report recognized Allegheny College as one of the country’s top 100 national liberal arts colleges — and one of the top 25 best for undergraduate teaching.
Allegheny’s undergraduate residential education prepares students for successful, meaningful lives by promoting students’ intellectual, moral, and social development and encouraging personal and civic responsibility. Allegheny’s faculty and staff combine high academic standards and a commitment to the exchange of knowledge with a supportive approach to learning. Graduates are equipped to think critically and creatively, write clearly, speak persuasively, and meet challenges in a diverse, interconnected world. Allegheny College is deeply committed to creating an inclusive community that actively challenges racism, sexism, heterosexism, religious bigotry, and other forms of bias (see Allegheny College Statement of Community).
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and provide contact information for three references to the Office of Human Resources, Allegheny College, 520 N. Main Street, Meadville, PA 16335 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Allegheny College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Allegheny does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Visit the Allegheny College Web Site at www.allegheny.edu