Allegheny College, an innovative national liberal arts college, invites applications for the position of Regional Director of Admission, Pittsburgh
The position supports various admission and recruitment programs in support of the College’s enrollment goals in the greater Pittsburgh area. They provide support and assistance to prospective students and their families, as well as college counselors, through the planning and execution of recruitment activities including on campus visits, interviews, information sessions, high school and community based organization visits and college fairs with a focus on international students. The counselor is part of a collaborative team who focus on student success through a lens of equity and inclusion and has a passion for the liberal arts. The position is full-time exempt position and is based in the Pittsburgh metro area.
The Regional Director of Admission will:
- Lead the recruitment efforts of students through proactive communication with students and families and college counselors via in-person meetings, phone, text and email.
- Extensive recruitment travel throughout the year to high schools, college fairs, and community-based organizations in assigned territory.
- Participate in select on campus recruitment events including interviewing students, conducting information sessions, and engaging with families.
- Read and evaluate admission applications making admission decision recommendations. Serve as a member of the admission committee
- Work collaboratively with financial aid to educate students and families on the value of a liberal arts education and paying for college
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Valid Driver’s License required
- 3-5 years of experience
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Weekend and evening commitments
Preferred qualifications and experiences:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual speaker preferred
- Previous experience with Slate CRM
As one of the nation’s oldest liberal arts colleges, Allegheny College celebrated its bicentennial in 2015. A selective residential college in Meadville, Pennsylvania, north of Pittsburgh near Lake Erie, Allegheny is one of 40 colleges featured in Loren Pope’s “Colleges That Change Lives.” Allegheny also is one of the few colleges in the country that requires students to choose both a major and a minor, helping to cultivate intellectual growth and the creative, big-picture thinking desired by employers and graduate schools. Allegheny College is consistently ranked as a best value institution, a top college for social mobility and its innovative approach to undergraduate education and research.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and provide contact information for three references to the Office of Human Resources, Allegheny College, 520 N. Main Street, Meadville, PA 16335 or by e-mail to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Allegheny College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Allegheny does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Visit the Allegheny College Web Site at www.allegheny.edu