Allegheny College, a small selective national liberal arts college, invites applications for a Digital Content Specialist position in the Office of Marketing and Communications. The specialist develops compelling written and multimedia content for Allegheny’s digital marketing channels, including social media, websites, and email communications. We’re seeking a talented storyteller who can communicate with verve and concision across various mediums — writing, video, and photography. The specialist will also have a keen sense of where and how to share that content to reach audiences most effectively.
The specialist will help to increase organic web traffic, engagement on social media platforms, inquiries from prospective students, and alumni engagement, along with supporting other key marketing objectives. Reporting to the Director of Content Strategy and Operations, the specialist is part of a collaborative team that focuses on student success through a lens of equity and inclusion and has a passion for the liberal arts.
Here’s a look at what the specialist will do:
- Produce, edit, and share engaging digital content (including social media posts, news and feature stories, website and email copy, video, and photography), balancing multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Conduct research and interviews with students, faculty, staff, and alumni to develop content and uncover story ideas proactively
- Assist with management of the College’s primary social media channels (including Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and LinkedIn), posting content, responding to inquiries, and monitoring feedback
- Repackage and repurpose content so that it performs most effectively on various platforms
- Use and develop skills in a variety of tools and applications, such as image and video editing software, the College’s website content management (WordPress), and Google Workspace
- Collaborate with colleagues to share photos, graphics, videos, and written content produced by others
- Contribute to planning for specific marketing initiatives and overall content marketing strategy
This is an entry-level/early-career position that requires in-person work on the Allegheny College campus, with occasional assignments outside of standard business hours. Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree and, preferably, internship or career experience in marketing/communications. We are looking for candidates with fluency in a variety of digital marketing platforms, exceptional writing skills, a solid understanding of what makes for an engaging story, and the drive to learn and grow in the position.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com or the Office of Human Resources, Allegheny College, 520 N. Main Street, Meadville, PA 16335. Electronic applications are preferred, and we would appreciate seeing a few samples of pieces you’ve written and/or videos you’ve created (e.g. for a job, internship, volunteer role, or college course).
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Allegheny College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Allegheny does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.