Allegheny College, an innovative national liberal arts college, invites applications for the position of Director of Admission. The position leads a dynamic and creative admission team and reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
The Director of Admission will provide strategic leadership for the Office of Admission and serve as a key member of the Enrollment Management division. The Director is part of a collaborative team who focus on student success through a lens of equity and inclusion and has a passion for the liberal arts.
The Director will:
- Develop and oversee execution of recruitment strategies, including on- and off-campus programming through a process of assessment and continuous improvement
- Utilize data analysis and predictive analytics to inform decision making and ensure a culture of data-driven decision making in admission office
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications and the Vice President to develop enrollment marketing strategies and ensure brand compliance
- Serve on the admission committee
- Collaborate with campus partners including faculty, diversity, equity & inclusion, finance, student affairs, and athletics
- Lead and manage a 15-member admission and operations team, providing professional development and growth opportunities
- Travel on behalf of the College to admission and recruitment events, including conference presentations
- Manage admission office budget in consultation with Vice President
- Represent the Vice President and Enrollment Division as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- 7+ years in enrollment management or related field
- Previous staff leadership experience
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and being student-centered
- Prior experience at a private liberal arts institution preferred
Preferred qualifications and experiences:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bilingual speaking and writing skills
- Understanding of current best practices in student recruitment
- Data analysis and modeling experience
- Previous experience with Slate CRM
- Knowledge of financial aid leveraging strategies
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
As one of the nation’s oldest liberal arts colleges, Allegheny College celebrated its bicentennial in 2015. A selective residential college in Meadville, Pennsylvania, north of Pittsburgh near Lake Erie, Allegheny is one of 40 colleges featured in Loren Pope’s “Colleges That Change Lives.” Allegheny also is one of the few colleges in the country that requires students to choose both a major and a minor, helping to cultivate intellectual growth and the creative, big-picture thinking desired by employers and graduate schools. Allegheny College is consistently ranked as a best value institution, a top college for social mobility and its innovative approach to undergraduate education and research.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and provide contact information for three references to the Office of Human Resources, Allegheny College, 520 N. Main Street, Meadville, PA 16335 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Allegheny College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Allegheny does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Visit the Allegheny College Web Site at www.allegheny.edu