Allegheny College, a small selective national liberal arts college, invites applications for the position of Director of Admission. The position is full-time exempt position reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
The Director of Admission will provide strategic leadership for the Office of Admission and serve as a key member of the Enrollment Management division. The Director is part of a collaborative and innovative team who focus on student success through a lens of equity and inclusion and has a passion for the liberal arts.
The Director will:
- Develop and oversee execution of recruitment strategies, including on- and off-campus programming through a process of assessment and continuous improvement
- Utilize data analysis and predictive analytics to inform decision making and ensure a culture of data-driven decision making in admission office
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications to develop enrollment marketing strategies and ensure brand compliance
- Coordinate application review and decision making and lead the admission committee
- Collaborate with campus partners such as faculty, diversity & inclusion, finance, student affairs, and athletics
- Lead and manage a 15-member admission and operations team, providing professional development
- Manage day-to-day operations of the admission office
- Travel on behalf of the College to admission and recruitment events, including conference presentations
- Manage admission office budget in consultation with Vice President
- Serve as the senior representative of the Office of Admission, internally and externally
- Represent the Vice President and Enrollment Division as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- 7+ years in enrollment management or related field
- Previous staff leadership experience
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and being student-centered
- Prior experience at a private liberal arts institution preferred
Preferred qualifications and experiences:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of current best practices in student recruitment
- Data analysis and modeling experience
- Previous experience with Slate CRM
- Financial aid leveraging approaches
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
As one of the nation’s oldest liberal arts colleges, Allegheny College celebrated its bicentennial in 2015. A selective residential college in Meadville, Pennsylvania, north of Pittsburgh near Lake Erie, Allegheny is one of 40 colleges featured in Loren Pope’s “Colleges That Change Lives.” Allegheny also is one of the few colleges in the country that requires students to choose both a major and a minor, helping to cultivate intellectual growth and the creative, big-picture thinking desired by employers and graduate schools. In its 2020 rankings, U.S. News & World Report recognized Allegheny in the top 20 among all national liberal arts colleges for best undergraduate teaching.
The Chronicle of Higher Education ranks Allegheny as one of the best colleges in the nation to work for, specifically in the areas of compensation and benefits. Allegheny has a total undergraduate enrollment of approximately 1,800 with students from 47 states (plus AE, DC, PR, and VI) and 70 countries. The College’s picturesque location is ideal for outdoor recreation, with eight freshwater lakes, ski areas and recreational opportunities all within easy reach.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and provide contact information for three references to the Office of Human Resources, Allegheny College, 520 N. Main Street, Meadville, PA 16335 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Allegheny College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Allegheny does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.