Allegheny College, a small selective liberal arts college located in northwest Pennsylvania, invites applications for the position of Human Resources Generalist. This is a full-time exempt administrative position reporting to the Director of Human Resources. The Office of Human Resources (HR) is responsible for providing a wide variety of human resources services to all departments of the College to ensure that the College can attract, develop and retain a diverse faculty and staff to meet the mission and core values of the College and provide the highest quality education to Allegheny students.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for recruiting, onboarding, performance management and training & development programs for Allegheny College. By performing a wide variety of analytical, research, and routine activities, the individual will develop and maintain refreshed programs while supporting ongoing activities.
- Manage the College’s recruitment and onboarding programs, including partnering with hiring managers throughout the hiring process, providing recruiting and selection guidance, managing the new hire paperwork process and facilitating the relocation program
- Develop and maintain the new employee and new manager training programs
- Lead and coordinate the performance management and evaluation programs for exempt and non-exempt employees
- Oversee the workers’ compensation program and functions as the HR representative on the Allegheny College Safety Committee
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of four additional years of directly related experience may be considered.
- Minimum of two years of directly related experiences is required; Experience in higher education is a plus
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and to exercise independent judgment in applying and interpreting human resources policies
- Strong employee relations skills and ability to build positive relationships with various constituent groups on and off campus
- Excellent analytical, written, oral, and verbal communication skills
Allegheny College is a Carnegie I national liberal arts college that ranks among the top 7% of liberal arts colleges in the production of future Ph.D.’s, business leaders and other professionals. The Chronicle of Higher Education ranks Allegheny as one of the best colleges in the nation to work for, specifically in the areas of compensation and benefits. The College is located in Northwest Pennsylvania, north of Pittsburgh, near Lake Erie. The 32nd oldest college in the country, Allegheny celebrated its bicentennial in 2015. Allegheny has a total undergraduate enrollment of just under 2,000 with students from 41 U.S. states and 47 countries. Its picturesque location is ideal for outdoor recreation, with eight freshwater lakes, ski areas and recreational opportunities all within easy reach.
Please submit a letter of application, resume, and provide contact information for three references to the Office of Human Resources, Allegheny College, 520 N. Main Street, Meadville, PA 16335 or by e-mail to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Allegheny College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Allegheny does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.