Allegheny College is an institutional member of AWS Educate, a program that provides credits to Allegheny College students and faculty for use on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon’s cloud services platform. Faculty receive $200 in credits per year, and students receive $100. Membership also provides access to AWS training materials.
How to Join AWS Educate
Create an AWS account, make sure to use your @allegheny.edu email address. AWS requires that you set up a payment method using a credit card. If you don’t have one or don’t want to use a personal credit card for this, you might consider purchasing a VISA gift card for use with your AWS account. Once you have created your AWS account you can link it to Allegheny’s AWS Educate account (see below). *Please note, it may take a few days for Amazon to validate your account.
Once you have been approved, Amazon will send you a confirmation email with an AWS credit code.
Redeeming the AWS Educate Credit
To take advantage of your credit, enter the code into your AWS account and activate your AWS Educate account. To do this:
- Visit: https://aws.amazon.com/console.
- Click Sign in to the AWS Console.
- Enter your email address and password.
- In the AWS Console, click on your name and then click Billing & Cost Management.
- In the Billing & Cost Management Dashboard, click Credits on the left.
- Enter the AWS credit promo code, complete the security check, and click Redeem