Your Username and Password
- Your username and password are your passport to technology services at Allegheny. They are necessary to register your computer on the network, sign on to a lab computer, log onto your course sites, check your email, and access your information on WebAdvisor.
- If you have forgotten your password, bring your student ID card to the InfoDesk at Pelletier Library and you can get your password reset.
- You are required to change your password at least once a year. You will receive a reminder when it is time to change your password. Save yourself a lot of hassle and take a moment to change your password when you get that email.
- To protect your information, you should not share your password with anyone.
Protecting Your Device and Yourself
- Students using Windows are required to use the College provided antivirus software.
- Directions for getting are available on the Get Trend Micro Antivirus page.
- Add @allegheny.edu to your Allegheny user name and it becomes your email address. You are expected to check your Allegheny email regularly. You can access it via a web browser or mobile app.
- In any browser, type: https://my.allegheny.edu. Click on the Email button. Enter your user name and password information.
- You can use the standard Gmail app to access your Allegheny email on your phone or mobile device. Other mail apps can be used, but may not function as well as the native Gmail app.
Phones and Tablets
- Students are encouraged to protect their phones and tablets by using a PIN code or password.
- Consider these additional suggestions for safer mobile device habits.
Public Computer Labs
- Students log on to public computers using their Allegheny Username and Password.
- There are public use computer labs available on campus to provide students access to specialized software necessary to complete assignments, type papers, or check email.
- Public Computer Lab locations
- Armstrong cable provides students access to basic cable channels.
- Students can sign out a cable adapter from the InfoDesk in Pelletier.
- Channels and more information is available.