Your Username and Password
- Your username and password are your passport to technology services at Allegheny. They are necessary to register your computer on the network, sign on to a lab computer, log onto your course sites, check your email, and access your information on WebAdvisor.
- If you have forgotten your password, bring your student ID card to the InfoDesk and you can get your password reset.
- You are required to change your password at least once a year. You will receive a reminder when it is time to change your password. Save yourself a lot of hassle and take a moment to change your password when you get that email.
- You should not share your password with anyone to protect your information.
Setup 2-Step Verification
Add a layer of protection to your Allegheny files and email by setting up 2-step verification.
Find out how…
- Wireless Access – Get started by connecting to the AC-Welcome network for directions on how to configure your laptop, iPhone, Droid or tablet. The AC-Wireless network is available in all buildings on campus. It is a secure network that requires you to sign on with your Allegheny username and password.
- Desktop Computers– Students must register their computers to gain full access to the College’s wired network. There is one live network port in each residence hall room, additional ports can be configured on request. Students can register a desktop computer by completing the registration form that loads automatically when you browse to http://www.allegheny.edu
- Living in North Village II – Wired internet ports are not live by default in this building. Students needing a wired connection can request the activation of a wired port using Web Help Desk.
- Game Systems – Game systems with a browser can register using the online form that loads automatically by browsing to http://www.allegheny.edu.
- Systems without browsers must be registered by the Residence Hall Network Technician.
- Requests to get your game system online can be submitted through Web Help Desk.
- Log on to Web Help Desk using your Allegheny username and password.
- Complete a ticket using the Request Type -> Student Issue -> Game System Registration -> Wired Connection.
Protecting Your Device and Yourself
- Students are required to use the College provided antivirus software when using Windows.
- Directions for getting are available on the Get Trend Micro Antivirus page.
Phone and Tablets
- Students are encouraged to protect their phones and tablets by using a pin code or password.
- Additional suggestions for mobile device habits.
- Add @allegheny.edu to your Allegheny user name and it becomes your email address. You are expected to check your Allegheny email regularly, you can access it via a web browser.
- Open a browser: type: http//my.allegheny.edu. Click on the MyEmail button and enter your user name and password information.
- Students are able to print to public printers in the library and computer labs from their personal computers.
- Students are allocated 3200 print points each semester to support their printing needs when using the public printers on campus. Print points are deducted based on the printer and features used.
- Additional points can be purchased online for a penny a point.
Public Computer Labs
- Students log on to public computers using their Allegheny Username and Password.
- There are many public use computer labs available on campus to provide students access to specialized software necessary to complete assignments, type papers, or check email.
- Public Computer Lab locations
- Armstrong cable provides students access to basic cable channels.
- Students can sign out a cable adapter from the InfoDesk in Pelletier.
- Channels and more information is available.