Software used on Allegheny College public lab computers is listed below. Follow links to download or purchase a copy for your personal computer. Note: all software is free unless otherwise indicated.
Browsers and Plug-Ins
- Core FTP Lite, free FTP program for Windows.
- Fetch, FTP program for Mac OSX. Fetch is free for educational use, learn more about licensing Fetch at Allegheny.
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus can be purchased at special pricing through our membership in the Association of Independent Colleges & Universities of PA from JourneyEd. Registered students, faculty and staff are eligible for this special pricing. See the web site for full details.
- Trend Micro OfficeScan, free for download when students register on the GatorNet residence hall network.
- UltraEdit: 45 day free evaluation; $49.95 to register.
- JMP Statistical software is available for student and faculty personal use through the 2015 – 2016 academic year. Download and installation instructions can be found here.
- Kaleidagraph (password protected): Students currently enrolled in a class using Kaleidagraph are eligible to obtain a free copy of Kaleidagraph for their personal computer.
- Mnova: Download Mnova for Mac or Windows. Once downloaded you will need to activate with the campus license keys available for download here.
- Mathematica: Mathematica is available for download and installation on both student and faculty computers. See this handout for more information about acquiring and using Mathematica.
- ModFlow 2000: MODFLOW is a three-dimensional finite-difference ground-watermodel.
- PHREEQC: PHREEQC is a computer program designed to perform a wide variety of low-temperature aqueous geochemical calculations.
- SPSS: Academic pricing available.