For all users: Sakai 19 is now up and running–with one small glitch. We are still working on resolving our Google login authentication.
After clicking the “Allegheny Login” link, you will need to log in through a screen that asks for your username and password. Enter your information and you will be logged into Sakai.
LITS will be performing some behind-the-scenes network maintenance on college computers campus-wide. There should be no noticeable impact for end users, but please open a Web Help Desk ticket if you encounter any disruptions.
The schedule of when each building/department will undergo maintenance is as follows:
Cochran, Bentley, Vukovich
Arter, Quigley, 454 House
Schultz, Physical Plant, Carnegie, Brooks
Security, Montgomery, Wise, Ruter
Chem, Bio, Oddfellows
Reis, Campus Center North, Campus Center South, Robertson Field
Due to a system update, Sakai will be unavailable on Thursday, May 23rd, from 8:00 am until noon.
Sakai will be updated to version 19. The new version will have some tool enhancements and a new Rubrics tool that will integrate with Assignments, Tests & Quizzes, Forums, and Gradebook. Questions? Please email Helen McCullough at email@example.com or call 332-3364.
It is now easier than ever to get connected to AC-Wireless!
Recent changes were made to simplify the way that devices connect to our wireless network. Check out the updated tutorials on our website to see how to connect your devices.
Due to a recent update to Google Drive File Stream, Mac OS users may see the following error messages when trying to open the application:
Perform the following steps in order to allow Google Drive File Stream to work properly:
- Click Open Security Preferences. (Or, open System Preferences > Security Preferences.)
- In the Security and Privacy Menu, click the General tab. Enable the radio button for “Allow apps downloaded from: App Store and Identified Developers.”
- Click the Privacy tab. Verify that Google Drive File Stream is listed under “Allow the apps below to control your computer,” and that the checkbox is enabled. (You may need to click the padlock to make changes.)
- Exit and re-open File Stream. You should not receive the error messages.
Today’s tech tip is a useful keyboard shortcut for Google Drive!
Google Drive allows us to place any file inside one or more folders with having to create copies of that file. By doing this, organizing your Google Drive becomes easier, and editing the file inside one folder also updates all other instances of the file.
- Open Google Drive in your web browser.
- Select a file, and press Shift + Z . You will see an “Add to Folder” window appear.
- Next, select the folder where you want to add the selected file and click OK.
From approximately noon until 3:00pm Friday afternoon, the wireless network at 570 and 575 Park Avenue was unavailable. The cause of the outage has been resolved and connectivity has been restored.
If you are experiencing any issues related to this outage, please submit a Web Help Desk Ticket.
Due to upcoming changes to the Allegheny wired network, students staying on campus over the summer may need to re-register their devices (such as computers and game systems), to gain network access after Tuesday May 14th.
To request network access for your game system:
- Log on to http://webhelp.allegheny.edu using your Allegheny username and password.
- Click on the Request button.
- Select Student Issue -> Game System Registration -> Wired Connection as the Request type.
- Provide the requested information. All fields with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Click Save to send the information.
- It can take up to a week to have a game system registered on the network.
Please click here for more information on Residence Hall Network Services.
It can be difficult to see who made certain changes and when to a document that multiple people are working on. By using version history in Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, you can see all of the updates made to your file.
To see an earlier version of your file, or revert to an older version:
- Open your file in Google Drive.
- Select File > Version history > See version history.
- Click a timestamp to see a previous version of the file.
- Click Restore this version to make it the active version.
(You need Owner or Can edit access to the file to see version history.)
Pelletier Library will end our 24/7 hours at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, May 7th. For the remainder of May, our hours will be 7:30 a.m. till 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and we will be closed Saturdays and Sundays except for special events. Please remember that electronic equipment borrowed from the library must be returned inside during library hours. Books may be returned in the book drop anytime.