You can now easily view the edit history of a cell in Google Sheets! This includes who made the last edit, when that edit was made, and the cell’s previous value.
To start using Show edit history:
- Right click on any cell and select “Show edit history” from the dropdown menu.
- A dialogue box will appear that will show you:
- The user who last made a direct edit in the cell
- A timestamp of the edit
- The previous value and current value of the cell
- Arrow keys in the top right corner which toggle back and forth between edits
For more information and to see the original G Suite Update posting, click here.
What types of tech tips would you like to see more of? We would love to hear your feedback! Email us at email@example.com.