November 14th 2017
November 7th 2017
The Movie Starts at 7pm in North Village I C Lobby.
November 6th 2017
The Spanish House Coffee & Tea Hour will now begin an hour later, at 4:30pm on Fridays in NVC104. Same great brews and conversation!
November 2nd 2017
October 30th 2017
Old Man Winter is on his way — and we’re throwing him a party! Come to the Montgomery Performance Space on Saturday, November 4th from 5:00 to 6:30pm for the “Welcome Winter Festival.” The event will feature the Yanlai Dance Academy from Pittsburgh, who will exhibit classical & folk styles of Chinese dancing. Take the “Chopstick Challenge” and learn Chinese calligraphy, too. It promises to be a fun and enlightening evening — join us!
Chinese-American Friendship Society
Department of Dance and Movement Studies
Department of Modern and Classical Languages
Office of International Education
Chinese Studies Program
October 26th 2017
The Venezuelan Dinner & Dance originally scheduled for Friday, October 27, has been postponed until next semester. There are still lots of Latinx Heritage Month events coming up!
October 25th 2017
The Max Kade Language Houses are sponsoring 3 great events this week, open to all interested students!
On Friday, October 27, the Spanish House and Union Latinx will host a Taste of Venezuela Dinner & Dance Party in Schultz Banquet Hall. Dinner is at 6:00pm, followed by dancing at 8:00pm. To RSVP or for more info, please contact Spanish House TA Daniel Melendez (email@example.com).
The event is part of Latinx Heritage Month – CLICK HERE for the full calendar of activities in October.
Sunday, October 29, will feature 2 events in the Max Kade Wing of North Village C. The German House will hold a Kleines Oktoberfest and Pretzel-Baking Party in the lobby at 4:00pm. Traditional German music — and hair braiding! — will also be featured.
Later, enter the French House — if you dare! — for spooky vibes and a classic film at their Ghoulciné and Pumpkin Painting Party at 7:00pm in NVC 105.
We’re sure you’ll enjoy all of these fun & free intercultural events!
October 23rd 2017
FOREIGN LANGUAGE LEARNING: Secrets for Success
- Find out about some of the exciting places language skills have taken Allegheny alumni in their careers and beyond
- Hear current language students share their often life-changing experiences in study away programs and other opportunities arising from language study
- Get inside info from our international TAs, who will share secrets only native speakers know about their language and culture
- Consult with faculty advisors in all language areas about courses and major/minor possibilities
- Enjoy a free lunch featuring internationally-inspired dishes and an opportunity for informal conversation and Q&A with faculty and students
For details, please view the GATOR DAY POSTER
October 19th 2017
A reminder from the Phi Sigma Iota International Foreign Language Honor Society that, as a member, you have exclusive access to opportunities such as these:
- Showcase short pieces of your work that feature your language learning in the official publication of PSI, The Forum. This may be, for example, a narrative piece about an experience abroad, a poem, or a news item about a cultural event in your area. A sample and information on submission can be found at The Forum. The deadline for inclusion in the next issue is December 1, 2017.
- PSI offers a scholarship to further language learning. The Scholarship application deadline is March 30, 2018.
To learn about the full range of membership benefits, please visit the PSI Member Resources page.
October 18th 2017
For more information, take a look at the website: sustainable-roots.org.