We look forward to having you join us on campus this summer for an exciting, fun-filled Summer Orientation program where you will meet new friends, members of the Allegheny faculty, senior administrators, and more!
Summer Orientation is a two-day, one-night program designed to welcome new students to the community. Carefully planned sessions offer a range of perspectives on life at Allegheny and provide resources and information that will be particularly helpful during your first months on campus. Student programming runs concurrently with sessions for parents and families.
Class of 2023 Summer Orientation
Deadline to Register: June 1
June 13-14, 2019
Deadline to Register: June 14
June 22-23, 2019
Deadline to Register: June 29
For International Students and Global Nomads (as part of International Orientation) and Transfer Students
Deadline to Register: August 22
Airport Shuttles for Summer Orientation:
We will offer shuttles to and from the Pittsburgh (PIT) International Airport for Summer Orientation. The shuttle will depart the airport on Day 1 at 1:00 pm. The return shuttle on Day 2 will leave Allegheny College at 3:00 pm. Please complete the Summer Orientation Shuttle Form to reserve a seat.
Note: For students/families who need to arrive early, accommodations are available in hotels near the Pittsburgh International Airport, including a hotel that is connected to the airport and others that offer free shuttle service to/from the airport.
Day 1 Highlights
- Check-in is 3–5 p.m.
- 3–5 p.m.: Various campus offices will be available to answer questions at the Resource Fair, including information on health and safety.
- 3–5 p.m.: The Director of Disability Services will be available for individual meetings at Pelletier Library.
- A dinner with Allegheny community members will begin at 5:15 p.m.
- On-campus programming for parents and families will end around 8 p.m.; please make reservations for hotel accommodations in the area.
- Students will stay on campus for their overnight experience, including an evening activity and staying in a residence hall.
Day 2 Highlights
- Breakfast will begin at 8 a.m.
- Finance 101 will cover important topics such as financial aid, financial services, and student employment.
- Academic advising will be offered for students and for parents and families
- Students will get their Allegheny ID card.
- The day will finish with information about Welcome Weekend and a look at the Meadville community
- The program will conclude around 2:30 p.m.
Summer Orientation Checklist
We suggest you bring the following items:
- casual clothes
- water bottle
- comfortable shoes
- personal toiletries
- phone charger
- pillow, blanket, and any other bed linens