We look forward to having you join us on campus this summer for an exciting, fun-filled Summer Orientation program where you will meet new friends, members of the Allegheny faculty, senior administrators, and more!
Summer Orientation is a two-day, one-night program designed to welcome new students to the community. Carefully planned sessions offer a range of perspectives on life at Allegheny and provide resources and information that will be particularly helpful during your first months on campus. Student programming runs concurrently with sessions for parents and families.
Class of 2022 Summer Orientation
Session 1: Thursday, June 14–Friday, June 15
Deadline to Register: June 1
Session 2: Thursday, June 21–Friday, June 22
Deadline to Register: June 8
Session 3: Sunday, June 24–Monday, June 25
Deadline to Register: June 11
Session 4: Thursday, July 12–Friday, July 13
Deadline to Register: June 29
Session 5: Thursday, August 23–Friday, August 24
International Students, Global Nomads, Transfer Students
Deadline to Register: June 29
All students are required to attend a Summer Orientation session. Space is limited to 125 students for each session.Register for Summer Orientation
Please note: you must first set up your Allegheny email address and log into it before you complete the Orientation registration form.
Airport Shuttles for Summer Orientation:
We will offer shuttles to and from the Pittsburgh (PIT) International Airport for Summer Orientation. The shuttle will depart the airport on Day 1 at 2:30 pm. The return shuttle on Day 2 will leave Allegheny College at 3 pm. Please complete the Summer Orientation Shuttle Form to reserve a seat.
Students with extenuating circumstances may complete this form to request an exception from attending a Summer Orientation session. Exceptions will be granted only in very limited cases of significant hardship; please note that requesting an exception does not guarantee that a student will receive it.
Day 1 Highlights
- Check-in is 3–5 p.m.
- 3–5 p.m.: Various campus offices will be available to answer questions at the Resource Fair, including information on health and safety.
- 3–5 p.m.: The Director of Disability Services will be available for individual meetings at Pelletier Library.
- A dinner with Allegheny community members will begin at 5:15 p.m.
- On-campus programming for parents and families will end around 8 p.m.; please make reservations for hotel accommodations in the area.
- Students will stay on campus for their overnight experience, including an evening activity and staying in a residence hall.
Day 2 Highlights
- Breakfast will begin at 8 a.m.
- Finance 101 will cover important topics such as financial aid, financial services, and student employment.
- Academic advising will be offered for students and for parents and families
- Students will get their Allegheny ID card.
- The day will finish with information about Welcome Weekend and a look at the Meadville community
- The program will conclude around 2:30 p.m.
Summer Orientation Checklist
We suggest you bring the following items:
- casual clothes
- water bottle
- comfortable shoes
- personal toiletries
- phone charger
- pillow, blanket, and any other bed linens