Summer Orientation UpdateWe have made the difficult decision to hold our Summer Orientation sessions virtually for our new students and families. We made this decision based on guidance from health officials and our commitment to doing everything we can to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
While we are disappointed that we can’t host Orientation on campus, we are very excited to connect with you through online experiences this summer! We are exploring opportunities for smaller in-person gatherings for our new Gators and their families as evolving public health guidance and conditions allow. We’ll share updates via your Allegheny email and this website.
All incoming students are required to register for a virtual Orientation session, which includes interactive presentations on two dates. Parents and families are also encouraged, but not required, to attend.
Your online Orientation experience will provide you with opportunities to build community virtually, help you learn about being a student at Allegheny College, and guide you through your academic advising and course registration process.
Tuesday, May 25 & Thursday, May 27
6–8 pm (EST)
Saturday, June 5 & Sunday, June 6
1–3 pm (EST)
- Participate in a number of live, online sessions that cover all of the ins and outs of how to be a successful Gator
- View an introduction to advising presentation and connect with a faculty advisor to prepare for First-year Course Registration
- Connect with current Gators and meet fellow incoming students
- Learn about key College resources
- Ask individual questions via office appointments
- Participate in an optional Allegheny Bound seminar
- Finish online Orientation with a connection to Allegheny College.
Important: when registering for a Summer Orientation session, you will need your login information for the Allegheny Application Status Portal. You may have created this information using a personal email address when you applied for admission to Allegheny. Please note that this information is not the same as your Allegheny email account.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it when accessing the portal. If you are having trouble accessing the portal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (please use the subject line “Trouble accessing portal”) or call (800) 521-5293 for assistance.