Dear Members of the Allegheny Community:
Having guided Allegheny College for more than a decade, President James H. Mullen, Jr. will be retiring at the end of the 2018–2019 academic year. The Board of Trustees, on behalf of the entire Allegheny community, now has the responsibility of identifying, recruiting, and hiring a new president.
The Board is pleased to announce the formation of a Presidential Search Committee to nominate a successor to President Mullen. The search committee is representative of the broader community of the College and will lead the recruitment process. The search committee will recommend to the Board, for its consideration and selection, the candidate(s) who are best qualified to assume the Presidency of Allegheny College.
The Presidential Search Committee is chaired by Allegheny Trustee Eddie Taylor, Jr. ’87 and includes:
- Edward Borkowski ’81, Board of Trustees
- Curt Cramer ’84, Board of Trustees
- Mary H. “Missy” Feeley ’78, Board of Trustees
- Steven D. Levinsky ’78, Board of Trustees
- Christine Scott Nelson ’73, Board of Trustees
- Julie G. Skattum ’85, Board of Trustees
- Bruce R. Thompson ’86, Board of Trustees
- James O. Wible ’71, Board of Trustees
- Carmen Ellington ’86, Allegheny Alumni Council
- Ivelitza (Ivy) Garcia, Allegheny Faculty
- Barbara Shaw, Allegheny Faculty
- Benjamin Slote, Allegheny Faculty
- Cornell B. LeSane II, Vice President for Enrollment and Dean of Admissions
- Linda Lees, Allegheny Staff Representative
- Camila Gomez, 2018–19 President, Allegheny Student Government
- Philip E. Pandolph, CEO, Meadville Medical Center
- Mark Campbell ’82, Chair, Board of Trustees (ex officio)
Following a detailed review of proposals, the Board has engaged the services of Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates to facilitate the search process. Shelly Storbeck, a managing partner in the firm, will lead our search.
Similar to previous searches, there will be opportunities for our community to provide input. The Storbeck/Pimentel team and the search committee will conduct extensive outreach on campus to gather information about the position, identify the opportunities and challenges the new leader and the College will face in the coming years, and weigh the varying perspectives on leadership qualities that candidates should possess.
Updates on the search will be released through regular communications and the new Presidential Search Committee website currently in development.
Questions about the search or search process can be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark Campbell ’82, Chair, Board of Trustees
Eddie Taylor, Jr. ’87, Chair, Presidential Search Committee