Emergencies, disasters, accidents, injuries, and crimes can occur without warning at any time. Being physically and psychologically prepared to handle unexpected emergencies is an individual as well as an organizational responsibility.
This Emergency Response Site has been developed to assist in minimizing the negative effects from such events. Please read this guide thoroughly before an emergency occurs, become acquainted with the contents and post the flip-chart version in your office or lab for immediate reference. DO NOT FILE THE FLIP-CHART!!! Once you are familiar with the information enclosed, you will be better prepared to protect yourself and your co-workers.
If you have any questions concerning a unique situation not covered in this reference, need additional emergency information, or would like to schedule a training course, please contact Allegheny College Safety and Security at 332-3357.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO PREPARE:
- Keep emergency supplies in your office or lab (medications, flashlights, comfortable shoes, bottled water, batteries, and portable radios).
- Post the Emergency Procedures flip-chart in a visible location in your office/lab.
- Become familiar with the quickest exit route from your building.
- Locate the nearest fire extinguisher and pull station, and schedule a fire extinguisher training course.
- Schedule crime prevention or other safety courses with Safety and Security.