In advance of an emergency, prepare an evacuation plan and have it available at all times. If you do not have one prepared, contact Safety & Security.
The following should be included in the evacuation plan:
- Primary and secondary evacuation routes.
- Procedures for the evacuation of persons with disabilities.
- Designated person(s) familiar with the building and its evacuation plan responsible for meeting with the responding officers.
- Prearranged meeting point 150 feet away from the building.
- Walk, do not run to nearest exit.
- Do not use elevators
- Assist people with special needs.
- If you cannot return to your building, wait for instructions from Safety and Security or other organization in charge.
- Do not re-enter until advised to do so by Safety and Security.
If you are unable to evacuate the building during an emergency due to fire or building damage, call x3357 and inform the Dispatcher of your location and status.