A TORNADO WATCH means tornadoes could potentially develop and a TORNADO WARNING means a tornado has actually been sighted. Watch PC monitor for messages.
WEATHER ALERT RADIOS:
- Make sure your radio is on at all times, listen to them and be prepared to respond. Check it frequently to make sure it is on station and working properly.
TO REPORT A TORNADO:
Call 911 and x3357
SEEK SHELTER SAFETY IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Basement, underground excavation, and lower floor of interior hallway or corridor (preferably a steel-framed or reinforced concrete building). Follow posted tornado safety area signs.
- If no basement is available, seek shelter under a sturdy workbench or heavy furniture (i.e., table or desk).
- In open country, move away from the tornado path a a right angle.
- If there is no time to escape, lie flat in the nearest depression (i.e., ditch or ravine).
AVOID THE FOLLOWING: (Exception-Shaffer Auditorium)
- Top floors of buildings
- Areas with glass windows or doors
- Auditoriums, gymnasiums, cafeterias or other areas with large, free span roofs
DURING A TORNADO, KEEP THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOU:
- Portable or Cellular Telephone
- Radio reports and the City of Meadville, Crawford County siren/public address and announcements.