Last Updated April 2018
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM)
SAAM is a national annual campaign to raise public awareness about sexual violence, and to educate communities and individuals on how to prevent it.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Saturday, April 7
- AXIC Conference
- The first annual Allegheny IX Conference will be held in the Tippie Alumni Center. Two national speakers will be attending the conference, including the Audrie Pott Foundation and Michael Broussard of Ask a Sex Abuse Survivor.
- For more info: acwnu.com/
Monday, April 9
- Teaching Tidbits for Faculty, 12:15 pm-1:15 pm
- Bring your own lunch informal conversation, focusing on the Title IX process and what being a “responsible employee” means. Held in McKinley’s Private Dining Room
- “Consent Is…”
- Various groups across campus will be tabling each day from 11 am – 1 pm in the Campus Center lobby, to discuss what consent means and ways to promote awareness about sexual assault
Tuesday, April 10
- Clothesline Project
- Part of the “Consent Is…” initiative, an interactive display in the Campus Center lobby invites people to decorate shirts which will be hung on a clothesline, as a way to generate awareness for those affected by sexual assault.
- For more info: theclotheslineproject.org/
Wednesday, April 11
- Why Not Us? event, “No More”
- As part of the “Consent Is…” initiative, WNU will be taking photos of students and faculty in support of the “No More” movement
- For more info: nomore.org/
Wednesday, April 18
- Sexual Assault Presentation by Women’s Services Inc
- Held at 7 pm in Schultz East Alcove
Wednesday, April 25
- Denim Day
- Wear denim in support of survivors of sexual assault, and to protest the misconceptions about it.
- For more info: denimdayinfo.org
Friday, April 27
- Take Back the Night March
- Students, faculty, and community members will march down to Diamond Park to demonstrate support of survivors of sexual assault, and to call for increased awareness in the Meadville community
- For more info: takebackthenight.org/