WordPress Updates

First off, for those who I haven’t gotten a chance to meet me yet, I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Sean O’Connor and I am overjoyed that, as of November, I am working in the Web Communications department as the new Digital Media Specialist. My role is basically to work with Jesse Lavery on all things web.

In my first of many blog posts, I would like to announce several improvements that are coming to Allegheny’s web presence. To start, thanks to our increases in staff and resources, we are going to be increasing our role in support for the campus’s WordPress Editors, through more communication and more access to training. Me and Jesse will be going into more detail over the next three posts, which you should receive throughout the rest of March, but in the mean time, here are a few things you can expect:

• The “WordPress Guide”! This comprehensive guide will be launching later this month as a resource for Editors when using WordPress.
  • New WordPress features! These will be improving the WordPress editing and viewing experience.
  • Update to WordPress 3.3.1! What are the changes we can expect?

That’s all for now! If for any reason you’d like to contact us at Web Communications:

Sean O’Connor x4783
soconnor@allegheny.edu

Jesse Lavery x2769
jlavery@allegheny.edu