Beth Ryan

Beth Ryan, Center for Business and Economics Program Coordinator

Program Coordinator
Bruce R. Thompson Center for Business & Economics

Allegheny College, Quigley Hall 224
Meadville, PA 16335
bryan@allegheny.edu
814-332-2385

Office Hours

10:00 am – 4:00 pm M-TH

Subject to change based on scheduled appointments outside regular hours

As  program coordinator, for the Center for Business and Economics, I perform program administration for internships, events, student activities and communication focused on promoting experiential learning experiences for students with interests in business and economics. I prepare a weekly, mobile friendly e-news, This Week in Business & Economics to keep the Allegheny community up-to-date on all of our co-curricular activities along with job and internship opportunities (sign up here, check the box for This Week in ECON).  As the unofficial department concierge, my door is always open to help students on their journey in any way that I can.

I’m standing in front of a vacuum heat treat furnace to add a sense of scale for this research inspired equipment for the EU energy sector.

My work at Allegheny is actually an extension of my many decades working in integrated marketing communications, primarily in the field of custom engineered manufacturing where I continue to contribute as a content marketing freelancer.   I’m known in my field as a professional that leads with public relations, telling authentic, genuine stories across multiple platforms.  What continues to intrigue and motivate me as a practitioner of the art and science of communication is the energy and technology behind trending topics like AI, automation and the Internet of Things (IoT).

At Allegheny, I’m continually inspired by the students whose energy and curiosity in the many facets of economics and perspectives about business practice inform my work and teach me new ways of thinking about the evolution of both business and economics.

I earned a BA in Speech Communications from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, and an MS in Integrated Marketing Communications from the West Virginia University School of Journalism where I am a member of the Golden Key Honour Society. I’m accredited through the International Association of Business Communicators, and certified as an ISO9000 internal auditor.

I’m a member-at-large of the American Marketing Association, and serve on the marketing committee of the Education Advisory Council of the Cleveland Federal Reserve Bank.  I love to garden, and currently volunteer at the Meadville Area Recreation Complex Community Garden.