CBE Summer Experiences with Maya Ginter-Frankovitch ’22

Maya Ginter-Frankovitch ’22, CBE Fellow and  recipient of the 2021 Outstanding Junior Major Prize in Economics, is an undergraduate intern at PNC supporting the Enterprise Data Lifecycle Management team in Independent Risk Management. We asked:

How did you find your summer internship?

Maya: One of my neighbors actually works at PNC who talked to me about the internship during my Sophomore year. I was too young at the time but applied a year later during my Junior year.

What are your duties?

Maya: I mainly perform administrative tasks for my department. That includes working on Excel files, creating and delivering presentations as well as designing articles and newsletters. These tasks can be quite repetitive and are not as challenging as I was hoping… might be because Allegheny prepared me so well!

The main takeaway from this experience would be the many opportunities to learn and network. I was very unsure about networking as I did not have much practice with it beforehand. However, PNC pushes us (interns) out of our comfort zone while also supporting us in the process. For example, when I found that I am more interested in the BSA/AML LOB within risk, my team encouraged me to network in that department and even made some introductions.

Would you recommend this activity to other students?

Maya: I would recommend this opportunity to other students. While the day-to-day work can seem monotonous, I learned so much about how a big business works as well as getting the chance to further develop some of my soft skills.

Maya is a fourth-year student at Allegheny College with a major in Economics and double minors in Computer Science and Psychology. Currently, she serves as the Founder and President of the Women in Business and Economics club as well as a Center for Business and Economics Fellow. Maya hopes to combine her three academic disciplines by exploring a career in financial crime.