Timothy P. Bianco

Click to expand photo of Tim Bianco.
Professor Bianco

Assistant Professor

Allegheny College, Quigley Hall 226
Meadville, PA 16335
 tbianco@allegheny.edu
814-332-3244

I am a Macroeconomist.*

My research is related to credit markets, both the effect of policy on the flow of credit, and the role that credit markets play in various markets. I am also particularly interested in how these markets have evolved in the 21st century. My research has been published in the Journal of Macroeconomics and the Journal of Banking and Finance, among others.

My first experience at the front of the classroom was at my Alma Mater, Bowling Green State University in Ohio, in the late 2000s. Prior to joining Allegheny, I received my Ph.D. at the University of Kentucky in 2018. Before my graduate studies, I was an Economic Analyst at the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland for nearly five years.

Professor Bianco after presenting his paper at the Bureau of Economic Analysis

I am the Co-Director of the Bruce R. Thompson Center for Business and Economics at Allegheny. In this position, I work with students, faculty, and alumni to provide programming for business and economics students. This programming includes the Lunchtime Learning lecture series, Executive in Residence, Board of Visitors, Executive Round Table, and competitions among other events.

Outside of being an economist, I am also a father to four children, Patrick, Jacob, Ethan, and Ella, and happily married to my wife, Victoria. I enjoy playing fantasy football, playing chess, watching TV, and making frequent trips up to Lake Erie.

*Macroeconomics is a branch of economics dealing with the performance, structure, behavior, and decision-making of an economy as a whole.

Degrees: B.A. Bowling Green State University, 2006; M.A. Bowling Green State University, 2008;
M.S., University of Kentucky, 2015; Ph.D., University of Kentucky, 2018

Vitae: Click here