Applying For Jobs
If you would like the opportunity to have a job on campus, please review the Job Database and complete the job application below. Once you have completed the job application, please submit it directly to the supervisor(s) of which you wish to work.
Required Employment Forms
The following required student forms MUST be completed before a student may begin working:
- Two Financial Aid Forms– Complete and submit to the Financial Aid Office on the first floor of Reis Hall:
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Student Employment Form: This is a two page form that must be completed by the student and his/her supervisor. The Student section of the Student Employment Form will be emailed to any student who has completed their Human Resources paperwork. We strongly encourage students to keep their email as a new form must be completed for every job each academic year, and a separate form must be completed for winter and summer break employment. Supervisors that have completed the FA Job Posting Database form will have also been emailed the Supervisor section of the Student Employment Form.
- Payroll Forms – Complete and submit to the Human Resources Office on the second floor of Bentley Hall
(Note: all of these forms, except the Local Services Tax Exemption Certificate, are only required to be completed once while the student is enrolled at Allegheny College unless there are changes to the information listed on the forms):
- I-9 (download and open in Adobe Reader; must have original forms of ID based on page 4 instructions)
- Medical Treatment Form
- The Local Services Tax Exemption Certificate is valid for one calendar year. Typically, anyone who works in the City of Meadville pays a Local Services Tax of $52 per year. However, students who are expecting to earn less than $12,000 for the calendar year may complete and submit this Exemption Certificate so that the $52 Local Services Tax will not be taken from their wages. Students choosing to complete the form would complete a new form each year before receiving their first paycheck in the new calendar year.
- Local Earned Income Tax Residency Certification Form: You will need to complete the top section of the form, “Employee Information – Residence Location.” Please be sure to include the city, borough or township in which you reside in the “municipality” box and the name of the county in which you reside in the “county” box. To find your PSD code, please refer to the “ACT 32 PSD Codes” spreadsheet. If you are unsure of your PSD code after reviewing the list, please call the Office of Human Resources/Payroll at ext. 2312 or 4792.
- Worker’s Compensation
- The Authorization for Direct Payroll Deposit is an option for students who wish to have their wages directly deposited into their bank account. If you choose to complete this form, submit it with a deposit slip to the Payroll Office. If you do not complete this form, your paycheck will be placed in your campus box each month.
- Worker’s Compensation Panel of Providers