NOTICE: Sona Systems : Daylight Saving Time and Researcher Tutorial Update- please click here!
Welcome to the Sona Systems Experiment Management System.
The Department of Psychology at Allegheny College uses a web-based system, Sona, to manage and schedule Psychology Department research. Once you have created an account, you will be able to view current available research experiments and schedule appointments to participate in these experiments. You must to be at least 18 years old to participate in the experiments listed on Sona.
To sign up as a participant on Sona Systems
- Go to Allegheny College Sona System Homepage
- Click on Request an Account Here in the lower left corner.
- Fill in the requested information. You will need to use your Allegheny username to register. If you would like to receive research participation credit for a class or classes, you can indicate which class or classes from the list provided. If you are not seeking research participation points, please choose Not for Credit Research Participation. Thank you for your participation!
- Click on the Request Account button.
- You will receive an email with your user-name and password. Go again to: Allegheny College Sona System Homepage and sign in. You are now a registered participant. To view studies available click on the study sign-up button. Read descriptions of each study and the qualifications for participation. If you have questions about research credit, see your class syllabus or ask your professor.
- If you are experiencing difficulties with your account, signing up for a study, or have further questions, click here to view the Sona Student Participation Manual.
Please remember that when you sign up for a study you are making a commitment to show up for that appointment. You should check your schedule and make sure you can commit the to the time prior to signing up for a study. Students who fail to appear for a scheduled appointment, without 24 hour notification, will receive a “no-show”. If you accumulate 2 no-shows, you will be blocked from the system and will not be permitted to sign up for any additional studies.
If you are a Student Researcher or P.I. click here:
If you are a comping senior in the Psychology Department, you have already had an account created for you, and you should have received an e-mail giving you your username and password. If you need to conduct research with human participants for any other reason other than your senior project in the Psychology Department (for example, if you are in another department or if you are doing research as part of an independent study), then please contact the system administrator, giving your name, the title of your project, and the name of the faculty member supervising it, and you will have an account created for you.
If you are an Instructor click here:
If you require further assistance, please contact the system administrator.