- Print Points for the semester will be added on August 15th and January 9th for the fall and spring semester (respectively).
- Print points not used by the end of the semester will roll over to the following semester.
- Students can purchase additional points in 1000 point bundles for a penny a piece – 1000 points for $10, 2000 points for $20, etc…
- The addition of print points is a manual process conducted by the system administrator on receipt of purchase confirmation. The points will be added week days and there is a 24 hour processing time.
- Students with special circumstances can meet with the User Services Coordinator to petition for additional points at no additional charge.
- When a student leaves the college – whether because of graduation or formal withdraw – remaining print points will be eliminated. Print Points are not eliminated when a student takes a leave of absence.
Check Your Print Points
Enter your Allegheny username and password to check your print point balance, print job log, and transaction history.
Associated Print Points for Copying and Printing
An image refers to a single printed side of a piece of paper. A page printed on two sides counts as two images. A page printed on only one side counts as one image.
|3 points per image||duplex B&W printing|
|4 points per image||non-duplex B&W printing|
|9 points per image||duplex color printing|
|10 points per image||non-duplex color printing|
Print Point Cost Per Page
|Single-Sided — Black & White||Double-Sided — Black & White||Single-Sided — Color||Double-Sided — Color|
|4 Print Points||6 Print Points||10 Print Points||18 Print Points|
Print Point Deduction
When printing from your personal computer or through the web interface print points are deducted when the print job is released.
When printing in a public lab print points are deducted as soon as the print job is submitted.
Print Points are deducted from the user that is currently logged on. If you wish to print a document that will be charged to the group’s printing balance, you must submit the job using the group’s username. This can be done directly from a public lab computer if you log on with your group’s username. If you log on to the computer with your own username and password, any print jobs will be charged to your account.
Conserve By Printing Fewer Pages
- Print only the pages you need – If you only need a hard copy of a single sub-section of a document, choose to print the page range that you need. Consider printing an article without the bibliography and refer to the electronic copy as needed.
- Reduce the number of copies that you print – Print only as many copies as you need and limit the number of extras. Is it possible for groups to share handouts rather than having one copy per person?
- Review your document carefully before printing – Before you print check the properties of your document. By using the print preview feature, you can avoid printing blank pages and catch formatting errors. If you catch it before you send it to the printer you will avoid the need to re-print the document.
- Decrease font size – Consider decreasing the font size of your document to squeeze more content on to fewer pages.
- Decrease margins – Decrease the size of the margins to fit more text on each page.
- Use duplex printers when possible – Using duplex capable printers will allow you to print on both sides of the page to conserve paper and use fewer Print Points.
- Print multiple pages per side – Consider printing multiple pages per side of paper if you are reviewing documents or creating hand-outs.
Conserve By Using Electronic Documents
- Read documents in electronic form when possible – You can avoid excessive printing by reading your documents on your computer or mobile device.
- Store and Share documents in Google Drive – Instead of keeping paper copies of your documents, store them in Google Drive. You can also easily share documents with others and access your documents online anywhere that you have an Internet connection.
- Only print final copies – By reviewing and editing your drafts in their electronic formats you can save paper by only printing the final copy.