For Laptop, Phone, or Tablet
- Connect to AC-Students on your laptop, phone, or tablet.
- Enter your Allegheny username (the part of your email preceding @allegheny.edu) and your Allegheny password.
- If prompted, choose PEAP for the EAP Method, MSCHAPv2 for the Phase 2 Authentication, and Don’t Validate for the CA Certificate. Your Allegheny username should be entered in the Identity field. If forced to enter a Domain, please enter: allegheny.edu
- If prompted, trust the certificate.
- For Android and Apple devices, turn off MAC randomization/private address.
OS Specific Tutorials
Other Wireless Devices
If you have a wireless device that is not listed above and capable of the following standards, you may be able to connect to AC-Students.
- PEAP authentication
- MSCHAPv2 inner authentication
Smart TVs, Game Consoles, etc.
Most of these device types must be connected via wired ethernet. Please fill out a WebHelpDesk ticket to register your device, using the Request Type: Internet, Network, Wireless > Student Network > Wired Connection request.
Internet Connection Support
Call: (814) 332-2755
Submit a ticket webhelp.allegheny.edu