The department has a two-semester senior project, with the first semester focusing on identifying and collecting material while finalizing the project’s research focus. The second semester is then spent writing and revising the thesis. A proposal/prospectus is expected to be produced during the first semester, including a substantial annotated bibliography.
Students who are in the process of the working on or starting their senior comprehensive project can use this Template to for the title page of their project.
It is now a requirement that your Senior Project be uploaded to D-Space. Instructions and Permission forms will be found here.
Recent senior projects in Philosophy:
- A philosophical and economic analysis of the social market economy in contemporary German society
- The Human Genome Project: A Look at social structures, privacy, and autonomy with respect to social good
- Rethinking computer ethics within a stable framework for the next century
- The spectre still haunts us: A contemporary theoretical examination of capitalism
- Greed: A Philosophical and Psychological Case Study of Inmates
Recent senior projects in Religious Studies:
- The Resignification of the Virgin of Guadalupe in Chicana Culture for the Empowerment of Mexican/American Women
- Genocide, Rape, and the Material Witness: Considering Evil and Ethics After Mass Violence
- Muslims in Europe: The Struggle of Islam in Secular Europe
- Baseball as a Valid Form of Extraordinary Living Religion
- Onward, Christian Soldier: James Stewart, Earl of Mory, and the Interconnection of Politics and Religion in the Scottish Reformation (double major with History)