The department has a two-semester senior project, with the first semester focusing on identifying and collecting material while finalizing the project’s research focus. The second semester is then spent writing and revising the thesis. A proposal/prospectus is expected to be produced during the first semester, including a substantial annotated bibliography.
Students who are in the process of the working on or starting their senior comprehensive project can use this Template to for the title page of their project.
It is now a requirement that your Senior Project be uploaded to D-Space. Instructions and Permission forms will be found here.
Recent Philosophy Senior Projects
- Balancing the Scales: The Battle for Civil Justice in American Landlord- Tenant Law
- On the Devaluation of the Black Student’s Body Through Racist Communication, Verbal and Nonverbal, at Predominately White Institutions
- Our Neoliberal Being: Implications of Neoliberal Social Ontology for Conceptual Frameworks of Feminism
- Philosophy on the internet
Recent Religious Studies Senior Projects
- Puritanism Made Me Do It: The Religious Movement that Shaped The Mission for Indigenous People in 17th Century Massachusetts Bay
- The Hasidim: Spiritual Jews of Eighteenth Century Poland
- Diaspora Nation: Jewish Spiritual Nationalism as a Response to Russian Pogroms
- “If I Should Fall” – The Functional Role of the Gilgamesh Narrative in the Human Experience of Death