The following are links out to outside resources that we have found helpful.
- SERC K12 Science: A portal for K-12 science education, run by the Science Education Resource Center (SERC) at Carleton College. Includes resources on pedagogy, how students learn, and a searchable database by grade level and topic.
- National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science: A database of case studies supported by NSF. For middle and high school classrooms, as well as undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Smithsonian X3D: Explore items from the Smithsonian in 3D, for free. Includes resources beyond STEM, such as a mask of Abraham Lincoln. Files available for download include files that can be used with a 3D printer.
Earth & Planetary Science:
- Teach the Earth: A portal for earth science education, run by SERC
- NASA Space Place: Teaching activities on earth and planetary science from NASA. Activities align with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS).
- SICB Research and Education Resources (RER): Database aimed at undergraduate education, but activities could be modified for high school or middle school.