Available student health services include the following:
- Allergy Injections
- Self-Care Clinic (no appointment necessary; over-the-counter medications available at no cost)
- Diagnostic Laboratory Testing (in house: rapid strep screen, urine analysis, pregnancy test; off-campus using patient’s insurance)
- Flu Vaccine
- Illness/Injury Care & Follow-up
- Medications (frequently used antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, and other over-the-counter medications)
- Nutrition Consultation in Collaboration with Parkhurst Dining Services
- Physical Examinations (child care physicals, drivers license physical, not travel abroad – see below)
- Referrals to Community Health Care Providers
- Women’s Health and Reproductive Services (call for an appointment)
- Screening for Sexually Transmitted Infections (free STI clinics every month)
Attention Travel Abroad Students
Winslow Health Center does not provide any physical examinations required for study or travel outside the United States. These types of physicals must be completed by one’s primary care provider, as they are most familiar with your health history and capacity to undergo the physical and mental stress that may be associated with this travel. In addition, we do not have the travel medicine that is often required for travel outside the US, such as injections like Hepatitis A and other blood work that is recommended by the Centers for Disease Control. Students wishing to travel outside the US through Allegheny should make their plans well in advance – three to six months – and work closely with the International Education Office and their primary care provider.
As a convenience to our students we stock a variety of over-the-counter and commonly prescribed medications, first aid supplies, thermometers, sharps containers, “care packages” of ginger ale, soup, crackers, applesauce, etc., flu tests, strep tests, urine tests, and TB tests.
There is no charge for these services.