General Sexual Healthcare Services
- free urine pregnancy testing (note: 1st morning urine specimen is required for accuracy)
- Plan B/Morning-After Pill ($15, call for an appointment, available same-day) — use a local pharmacy after-hours or on weekends
- options counseling
- diagnosis and treatment of non-STI’s such as yeast infections and urinary tract infections (UTIs)
- STI testing and treatment (billed to student’s health insurance when clinics are not available)
- free condoms (latex and non-latex) and dental dams
Women’s Health and Reproductive Services
Women’s Health and Reproductive Services are provided and/or coordinated by Winslow Health Center’s (WHC) staff Nurse Practitioner’s.
These services include, but are not limited to, administering injectable contraceptives and beginning or continuing oral contraceptive prescriptions.
Appointments are required for these services. Students are required to bring a copy of their insurance card with them to every appointment. If students have more complex needs, they may need to contact Meadville OB/GYN Associates of Meadville (MOGA) or Family Planning (FP) of Meadville directly to schedule appointments at their locations.
For further questions, please contact FP or MOGA directly:
Family Planning of Meadville
747 Terrace Street
Meadville, PA 16335
Meadville OB/GYN Associates of Meadville
7665 Liberty Street, Suite 202
Meadville, PA 16335
Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) Clinics
***Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the free Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) clinics are not guaranteed for this academic year (2020-2021). These are provided by Family Planning of Meadville and we must follow their guidelines and availability. If we are able to schedule clinics, they will be announced via email. Students wishing to be tested for STI’s may contact Family Planning of Meadville directly or tests can be completed by appointment at Winslow (tests are sent out to MMC and your insurance will be billed).
In a ‘normal’ academic year, Family Planning (FP) of Meadville comes to Winslow Health Center (WHC) two to three times per month while classes are in session, as their schedule allows, to provide free STI clinics for students. Appointments are required for these clinics – no walk-ins are accepted. (example informational flyer)
Testing is available as follows:
- Blood test
- Urine test (available for both males and females)
- Female swab (more accurate testing done by yourself)
Helpful information for students filling out Family Planning’s paperwork for the clinics can be found here.