For Help with these skills, visit the Gmail Help center
- Manage Inbox.
- Be able to set up Priority Inbox and Inbox tabs. Use appropriate strategy to manage mail.
- Understand difference between archiving, deleting, and applying labels. Use appropriate function to move mail out of inbox.
- Use stars and labels to organize.
- Download or save to Drive attachments in received messages.
- Compose and send New Message
- Search mail using basic and advanced functionality.
- Set away message (vacation responder).
- Know how to use Chat/Hangouts.
- Manage Contacts.
- Set-up and use two-factor authentication.
- Manage email for another person (a delegated account).
- Connect to and use a secondary (e.g., departmental) account.
- Use a smartphone or tablet app to manage mail.
Last updated March 17, 2015