If you, or someone you know, has been assaulted:
- Go to a safe location as soon as you are able
- Seek immediate medical attention
- If you have been injured, believe you may have been exposed to the risk of an STI/STD, or pregnancy
- Contact the following for immediate assistance on campus:
- Office of Public Safety, 814-332-3357, 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- If you are off campus and experiencing an emergency, dial 9-1-1.
- Choose how to proceed. You have options:
- Do nothing until you are ready
- Pursue resolution by the College by reporting the incident; and/or
- Initiate a criminal proceeding; and/or
- Initiate a civil proceeding
You may pursue whatever combination of options is best for you.
If you wish to have an incident investigated and resolved by Allegheny, students and employees should contact the Title IX Coordinator and procedures will be explained.
Those who wish incidents to be handled criminally should contact the local police where the assault occurred. A campus official is available to accompany students in making such reports if desired. Contact the Title IX Coordinator or Office of Public Safety for more information.