Allegheny students, faculty and employees are well-connected with access to current technology. The campus network continues to evolve to provide students, faculty, and staff a reliable high speed connection to the internet and the growing number of online resources available to the college community.
At Allegheny, you’ll find:
- All buildings have access to a secure wireless network
- Residence halls have
- Diverse teaching spaces with 75% of the classrooms having presentation technology
- Assistance using technology
- Online tools for learning, communication and collaboration
- Google Apps for Education provides email, calendaring, file storage, and Docs, Sheets, and Slides to the community
- Sakai provides students online access to course materials
- Online library resources including searchable databases, catalogs, and digital repositories
- WebAdvisor provides self-service access to class scheduling, grades, and financial information
- Wireless printing on Macs and Windows using the PaperCut client.
- Public computers and labs available in convenient locations
- Video conference facility in Murray Hall
Support and Services:
The information technology team is responsible for the technology enterprise of the College. We partner with community members to implement, support, maintain and evolve the technology and processes of campus to to accomplish the mission of the College. The front door to IT services is the Help Desk, located in Murray Hall, provides front-line computer support to all students and employees on campus. The Help Desk serves as the bridge to the services and responsibilities of the rest of the team which includes
Systems and Network Administrators – responsible for maintaining the campus-wide network, and providing technology infrastructure operation and support campus-wide.
Instructional Technologists – provide innovative and comprehensive technology training and consultation built around the way faculty and students teach, learn, and collaborate today.
Systems Programmers, Analysts, and Managers – assist and encourage Allegheny College administrators and staff in the effective use of information and technology to better meet responsibilities.
User Support and Hardware Specialists – provide front-line support of campus technology through the ITS Help Desk. User Services is also responsible for classroom technology, computer replacement, technology purchasing, and being the bridge between the community and the other services of Information Technology Services.
Departmental Technicians – Department specific technicians, technologists, and information specialists work with the LITS staff to support specialized technology and information needs of academic and administrative departments.
Murray Hall is located on the corner of East College and Highland Avenue just south of the Campus Center. The building is accessible from Brooks Walk and parking is available on street and in the general lot on the east side of Highland Avenue.
Pelletier Library Instructional Technologists have office space with the Research and Instructional Support Services group on main floor of the library in the Learning Commons.