Ellucian (formerly Datatel) Colleague (R18) is the college’s enterprise resource planning (ERP) system and touches every area of college operation and function. It can be accessed one of the following ways:
- WebAdvisor – Web based self service access for students, grade and class roster access for faculty, time sheet entry and approval for work study students and their supervisors and other functions.
- Colleague User Interface – Web-based software used by administration and staff to view and maintain college records. Colleague is only accessible via the college campus network, or via a secure connection to the college’s campus network. (See “Getting Access” for more details.)
- Informer – Web based dashboard/reporting tool to view and report from official college records. Informer is also only accessible via the college campus network as described above.
Getting access to the administrative system
- WebAdvisor is accessed by students via their Allegheny network username and password (same as Google Apps, Sakai, lab computers…)
- WebAdvisor and Informer are accessed by employees via their Allegheny network username and password.
- Colleague access is granted through approval by one’s supervisor and ITS. For security purposes, it uses an account that is separate from all other systems.
- Access to all three systems is limited based on user type and job function. If your job function requires you to have access to view or edit in an area that you do not currently have access to, contact your supervisor who can work with the Enterprise Services team to arrange a review of your access.
Colleague is only accessible via the college campus network. In certain limited circumstances, access can be granted off-campus via a secure connection. To request this access, please speak with your supervisor who can submit a request for secure remote access using WebHelpDesk.
Learning more about the administrative systems
The Enterprise Services team can assist you and your department to better understand our administrative systems. Examples of these opportunities, open to interested users on campus are:
- General Informer and Colleague classroom training
- Department specific Informer and Colleague classroom training
- Consultation and visits with users and departments
- Monthly meetings of the DoIT group, the Allegheny users group that focuses on administrative needs.
- Annual data entry best practice review
- Attendance at the regional and national Datatel Users Group conferences, also known as PADUG and Ellucian Live.
- Participation in the Datatel Users Group online forums.
- Ellucian on-campus or conference call consulting, ranging from an hour to a week.
- Ellucian-led classroom training, virtual, on-campus or in person at their headquarters in Fairfax, VA or other regional sites.