Student Voices

The Civic[Community] Engagement office has been a place of support and love. I have been a service leader for 4 years and worked alongside the staff. They have helped me enhance my professional skills, supported me in my ambitions, — Baneen Al-Akashi Bonner Scholar Class of 2019

The Civic[Community] Engagement office has allowed me to contribute to Allegheny’s steadfast commitment to community service & engagement my own way as a mentor & AVSL for the Big Brother and Big Sisters program. I’m very grateful for the opportunities & experiences the office has offered me as they have sincerely changed my life.

— John Fazio Allegheny Volunteer Service Leader Class of 2019

The Civic[Community] Engagement office kept me motivated to continue my commitment to community service. Thanks to the many programs that this office coordinates, I was able to connect with people and go through experiences that changed my life.

— Erblin Shehu Bonner Scholar & Global Citizen Scholar Class of 2019

The Civic[Community] Engagement office has always been there to challenge me to turn my ideas into action, to hold me accountable, and support me every step along the way. Allegheny is incredible for having the Civic Engagement department, who are striving every day to help students give back to the community in meaningful ways.

–Adele Gilman Allegheny Volunteer Service Leader Class of 2020