Unusual Circumstances

Students who feel they need a reconsideration of their dependency status can contact the Financial Aid Office and request a dependency override. If your FAFSA indicates that you are an independent student, our office is required to collect documentation from your high school, homeless liaison, or homeless shelter detailing their determination of your unaccompanied youth/homeless status. You can fax our office at 814-337-0431. If you are unable to provide documentation, please schedule an interview with our office by calling 800-835-7780 or emailing fao@allegheny.edu.. Additional documentation may be necessary after the interview.