Allegheny College, a selective national liberal arts college, invites applications for the position of Director of Finance. The position is a full time, exempt position reporting to the CFO/VP of Finance and Administration. The Office of Finance manages all of the accounting functions of the College. Salary range begins at $92,000 annually.
Under the direction of the CFO/VP of Finance and Administration, the Director of finance directs and manages all of the accounting functions of the College. The Director of Finance makes recommendations for improving College-wide financial management, directs financial audits, ensures compliance with state and federal regulations, and provides strong leadership and management skills while effectively supervising staff and building an effective team. Oversees and supervises the accounting department and the multi-fund accounting systems with an ethical mindset that motivates to analyze financial documents and processes looking for highlights to thwart instances of fraud.
Define and assess financial performance and the financial state of the College through financial enterprise data management, documents, data, business reporting, financial forecasting and policy
- Oversee all general ledger, financial enterprise data, project/program and grant accounting
- Quality assurance of data (entry, management, accuracy, timeliness, historic)
- Concentrate on developing long-term financial strategies based on the College’s current financial health
- Communicate effectively with co-workers and management about the finances of the College and justify certain financial recommendations
- Ensures monthly internal budget and financial information used for various financial reports for internal and external users are competed accurately and timely
- Oversees the internal budget processes to support the CFO in the annual budget process and monitoring of the budget during the year
- Supports the CFO when preparing financial information for the Board Finance Committee
Treasury Management which includes monitoring cash flow to provide information on daily cash position and the use of resources for providing cash, liquidity, and monitoring compliance with such resources
- All activity from daily monitoring to cash flow projections
- Adherence to internal and external policy, protocols and guidelines (ex. Authorization policy)
- Management of investment activity from liaison with investment managers and brokers to audit confirmations
- Supports the CFO and the Board Investment Committee (preparation of reports and information, execution of committee action)
- Life Income Gift management including all financial activity such as quarterly payments, tax filing, assist in regulatory compliance, new gift review, and reporting to the Board Investment Committee on Trust and Annuities
Oversees the external audit, IRS Tax Form 990 which includes the preparation of the annual financial statements, the audit report and audit notes for the College, and completes other external reports and oversight as needed
- Coordinates all audit activity and planning between the audit firm and the College.
- Understands the various data sets, reporting, testing and other requirements from various offices on campus that is required for meeting the standards of a successful audit
- Ensures the interface of the auditors with other departments on campus.
- Management and reporting of financial reporting includes but not limited to S&P, Moody’s, FISAP, IPEDS, Nuveen, EMMA
- Coordinates the planning, data collection and filing of Tax Form 990
Establishes and maintains an organizational structure and staffing level to effectively accomplish the overall goals and objectives of the office
- Directs and oversees the hiring, development, management and evaluation of staff
- Oversees operations of the finance and account teams(s)
Financial Enterprise data management
- Oversee Data Stewardship in relationship to financial and accounting activities
- Identify and partner with IT to support all financial business processes
- Provides financial information by researching and analyzing accounting data
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and provide contact information for three references to the Office of Human Resources, Allegheny College, 520 N. Main Street, Meadville, PA 16335 or by e-mail to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
Allegheny College, founded in 1815, is one of the nation’s oldest and most innovative four-year colleges where multidisciplinary learning breaks the conventional mold. It is one of the few colleges in the United States with a unique requirement to choose both a major and minor for graduation, to provide students with a cross-disciplinary path in the sciences and humanities for educational depth and intellectual growth. Located in Meadville, Pennsylvania, Allegheny College is one of 44 colleges featured in Loren Pope’s “Colleges That Change Lives.” In its 2022 rankings, U.S. News & World Report recognized Allegheny College as one of the country’s top 100 national liberal arts colleges — and one of the top 25 best for undergraduate teaching.
Allegheny’s undergraduate residential education prepares students for successful, meaningful lives by promoting students’ intellectual, moral, and social development and encouraging personal and civic responsibility. Allegheny’s faculty and staff combine high academic standards and a commitment to the exchange of knowledge with a supportive approach to learning. Graduates are equipped to think critically and creatively, write clearly, speak persuasively, and meet challenges in a diverse, interconnected world. Allegheny College is deeply committed to creating an inclusive community that actively challenges racism, sexism, heterosexism, religious bigotry, and other forms of bias (see Allegheny College Statement of Community).
Allegheny College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Allegheny does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Visit the Allegheny College Web Site at www.allegheny.edu