Your Username and Password
- Your username and password are your passport to technology services at Allegheny. They are necessary to register your computer on the student network, sign on to a lab computer, log onto your course sites in Canvas, check your email, and access your information on Self Service.
- If you have forgotten your password, use the “Forgot password?” link at the bottom of the Password Change Form. If you cannot perform a password reset on your own, please bring your student ID card to the Help Desk in Murray Hall and ITS will assist you.
- You are required to change your password at least once a year. You will receive a reminder when it is time to change your password. Save yourself a lot of hassle and take a moment to change your password when you get that email.
- To protect your information, you should not share your password with anyone.
Set Up 2-Step VerificationAdd a layer of protection to your Allegheny files and email by setting up 2-step verification. It is a great, easy way to minimize the chances that you will be a victim of phishing.
Student NetworkAllegheny College offers a network specifically for students–AC-Students. We encourage students to connect all devices to the student network.
Protecting Your Device and Yourself
- Add @allegheny.edu to your Allegheny user name and it becomes your email address. You are expected to check your Allegheny email regularly. You can access it via a web browser or mobile app.
- In any browser, type: https://my.allegheny.edu. Click on the Email button. Enter your user name and password information.
- You can use the standard Gmail app to access your Allegheny email on your phone or mobile device. Other mail apps can be used, but may not function as well as the native Gmail app.
- Educate yourself on the risks of File Sharing and understand how to use Peer To Peer services safely.
Phones and Tablets
- Students are encouraged to protect their phones and tablets by using a PIN code or password.
- Consider these additional suggestions for safer mobile device habits.
- Students are able to print to public printers in the library and computer labs from their personal computers. Instructions can be found here.
- Students receive 3200 Print Points each semester to use for printing and copying the necessary academic and co-curricular materials. Additional Print Points can be purchased for a penny a point.
Public Computer Labs
- Students log on to public computers using their Allegheny Username and Password.
- There are public use computer labs available on campus to provide students access to specialized software necessary to complete assignments, type papers, or check email.
- Public Computer Lab locations