Adding your phone number or email to Self Service will provide you with an alternative way to reset your password if you don’t have your old password for your Allegheny account, or didn’t change it in time.
IMPORTANTBefore you start, log out of all non-Allegheny Gmail accounts (personal, work, etc.) on your device. Self Service and other Allegheny College services often will not work as expected if they detect that you are logged into any Gmail account other than your @allegheny.edu account.
- Log in to Self Service: selfservice.allegheny.edu
- Click the User Options button on the left hand side bar.
- Choose User Profile.
- Scroll down to the Phone Numbers section and click the Add new phone button.
- Enter your information and click Add Phone.
- Alternatively, find the Email addresses section to add an email address.