For Help with these skills, visit the online resources listed with each item or contact the InfoDesk.
- Use strong (complex or long) passwords.
- Set-up and use Google Apps two-step authentication. Find out more here.
- Be able to recognize email phishing and know how to report email spam. Find out more here.
- Know to never send sensitive information via email unless it is in an attachment that is encrypted with a strong password. (See item 1 for info on strong passwords.)
- Use passwords to Encrypt Microsoft Office documents that contain sensitive information using a strong password. (See item 1 for info on strong passwords.)
- Understand the difference between HTTP and HTTPS connections for web sites, and know when to insist on an HTTPS connection. Consider adding the HTTPS Everywhere extension to your Chrome browser.
- Understand the risks of public wifi services.
Last updated March 17, 2015