Internet Connection Support
Call: (833) 548-7262
Text: ResNet to 84700
For Laptop, Phone, or Tablet
- Connect to Allegheny Students on your laptop, phone, or tablet.
- Enter your Allegheny username (the part of your email preceding @allegheny.edu) and your password.
- If prompted, choose PEAP for the EAP Method and Don’t Validate for the CA Certificate.
- If prompted, trust the certificate.
- For Android and Apple devices, turn off MAC randomization/private address.
For Gaming Consoles and All Other Devices
- Connect your laptop, phone, or tablet to Allegheny MyDevices.
- Enter default wireless password/key: internet
- Go to myresnet.com
- Log in with your Allegheny username (the part of your email preceding @allegheny.edu) and your password.
- Select Add to add the new device.
- Enter the name of the device you want to connect, MAC address and description and select Submit.
- Restart your newly added device.
- Connect the device to Allegheny MyDevices.
Most wired devices will connect automatically to the network in residence halls and campus housing. Plug your device into the Ethernet port in your housing, and give it a few minutes to connect to the Internet. If you need assistance after plugging your device in, please contact MyResNet using one of the methods on this page.