Allegheny’s site license allows all Allegheny faculty, staff, and students to access Mathematica Online on their personal computers and mobile devices.
How to Get Mathematica Online
- If you don’t have a Wolfram account yet, go to user.wolfram.com to create one using your Allegheny email address. Check your email and click the link to validate your Wolfram ID.
- Fill out this form to request access to Mathematica Online.
Once your access has been approved, you will be able to sign in and access Mathematica Online at mathematica.wolframcloud.com.
- Hands-on Start to Wolfram Mathematica. This tutorial helps you get started with Mathematica—learn how to create your first notebook, run calculations, generate visualizations, create interactive models, analyze data, and more.
- Mathematica & Wolfram Language Fast Introduction for Math Students. (online book) Use this tutorial to learn about solving math problems in the Wolfram Language—from basic arithmetic to integral calculus and beyond.
- What’s New in Mathematica 12. Provides a list of new functionality in Mathematica 12, and links to documentation and examples for these new features—including blockchain management, audio processing, machine learning and neural networks, and text and language processing.
- How To Topics. Access step-by-step instructions ranging from how to create animations to basic syntax information.
- Mathematica Resources. Browse Wolfram’s large collection of learning materials and support resources.
- Introduction to Notebooks (interactive open course). Learn to use Wolfram Notebooks for computing, programming, generating reports and creating presentations with this interactive course.
Teaching with Mathematica
- Teaching and Learning with Mathematica (Free video course). Learn how to make your classroom dynamic with interactive models, explore computation and visualization capabilities in Mathematica that make it useful for teaching practically any subject at any level, and get best-practice suggestions for course integration.
- Preparing and Giving Presentations. Learn how to create a slideshow presentation that combines graphics, calculations, and nicely formatted text, with live calculations or animations.
- Wolfram Demonstrations Project. Download pre-built, open-code examples from a daily-growing collection of interactive visualizations, spanning a remarkable range of topics.
- Wolfram U Courses on Classroom Resources & Instruction. Access on-demand and live courses on using Mathematica, SystemModeler, and other Wolfram technologies in your classroom.
Research with Mathematica
- Wolfram Language Training Courses (Free video courses). Explore what’s possible with the Wolfram Language, including programming fundamentals and concepts, built-in functions, symbolic expressions, and tips for better, faster coding.
- Utilizing HPC and Grid Computation in Education
- Field-Specific Applications. Learn what areas of Mathematica are useful for specific fields.