Steps for submission of the Senior Project are listed below. Final grades will not be submitted until ALL steps have been completed to the satisfaction of the Psychology Department.
3. Complete the Ethics/Institutional Review Board (IRB) Process (for empirical projects only)
- If you received approval for your project from the Institutional Review Board or Ethics Committee, please consult with your First Reader to determine if you need to complete an IRB Incident Report Form, which is found on the IRB web page. If you do, after clicking the form link, select Make a copy, complete the form, then choose File, Download, Microsoft Word (.docx). Email the completed form to your First Reader, who will send it on to the committee.
- If your senior project participants completed hard copy consent forms, these must be placed in a sealed envelope and labeled “Informed Consent, Your Name, and the Current Semester and Year” then turn in to the main office, Carnegie 103, (building coordinator is Lori Riggle), unless otherwise instructed.
6. Review the Library’s Senior Project Submissions page for instructions on:
- submitting the Library’s Senior Project Online Permission Form *Be sure to speak with your project advisor about which permissions are right for you before submitting your form.
- uploading a PDF of your project to the Library’s Institutional Repository (DSpace). Note: after you have uploaded your project PDF, the library will not archive your project in D-Space until the permission form is received.
- The DSpace login page is HERE when you are ready to submit your project.
- Please direct questions or concerns to Brian Kern, the Director of Resource Management, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-332-3792.
7. For up to three printed and bound copies of your Project (no charge; billed to the Provost’s office): (optional)
- Fill out the Comp Print Shop Order Form. Students can print their own form or stop by the Print Shop window inside the Bookstore to complete a form there. Print Shop open hours are M-F, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm. Please submit orders 2-3 business days before you need the Comp to be picked up. Special accommodations can be made for rush orders but students must come in person or call (x4839) and speak to Andi Harbold, On-Site Service Specialist, to set this up.
- Email a PDF copy of your comp to email@example.com. PDF format ensures that all formatting prints as intended. If you want any blank pages within the document, you must add them before sending the PDF file (with the exception of cover pages where the front is always printed single sided and the back is blank).
- Students will be notified by email when their copies are ready to be picked up at the Print/Post window. Students must specify that they have a comp to pick up and provide the name that the order was submitted under. If a student needs someone else to pick up their comp for them, they must request so by email before coming in person to pick up the project.
- Bring the copies of your printed comp to the main office, Carnegie 103, and place them in your First Reader’s mailbox so that faculty signatures can be secured.
- Stop back to Carnegie 103 prior to leaving campus to pick up your signed project.